Dr. N.H. Ravindranath (Trustee since 2005), Professor (Retd.) – Centre for Sustainable Technologies, Indian Institute of Science Bangalore, India.
Areas of Research, Development and Policy Advocacy include: Climate Change, Forests, Bioenergy and Ecosystem Services.
Prof. Ravindranath has focused his research, advocacy and publications on various dimensions of Climate Change -Mitigation Assessment, Greenhouse Gas Emissions Inventory in Land Use Sectors, Impact of Climate Change and Vulnerability Assessment in Forest and Agro-ecosystems, Adaptation and Climate Resilience, Forest Ecology, CDM and REDD+ Projects. He has also worked on Bioenergy, Biofuels and Biomass Production, Environmental / Ecosystem Services, and Citizen Science.
- He is an author for several IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change) Assessment Reports on Climate Change – WMO and UNEP focusing on mitigation in forest sector.
- He is an author for IPBES (Inter-Governmental Platform on Bio-diversity and Eco-system Services)-Reports.
- He is the Scientific Advisory Panel Member for Global Environmental Outlook (GEO 6)
- He was the Science Technology Advisory Panel (STAP) member of GEF (Global Environmental Facility) for Climate Change Focal Area during 2008 – 2012.
- He is a UNFCCC expert for GHG (Greenhouse Gas) inventory reports submitted to UN.
- He has published 8 books (from Oxford and Cambridge Uni. Press, Kluwer, and Springer Publishers) out of which 4 are on Climate Change.
- He has published over 150 peer reviewed research papers out of which about 60 are on Climate Change.
- He has brought out special issues on Climate Change in Journals such as Current Science, Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies to Global Change.
- He has worked for or advised many State governments on “Assessment of Climate Change Projections, Impacts and Vulnerability”. He also has worked at national level on MGNREGA and climate change.
- He is an expert for several World Bank, UN and other bilateral projects related to climate change.